After passing the MVPI test, you can check the validity of Fahas online in Saudi Arabia via the Absher account.
- How to pass the Fahas or MVPI test?
- MVPI = periodic inspection of motor vehicles.
What is the validity of Fahas?
It is important to note that the validity of the Fahas or MVPI certificate is one Hijri year, i.e. approximately 355 days. This means that if you passed the test on 20 Jan 2XX2, the certificate will remain valid until 10 Jan 2XX2.
Check the validity of Fahas online
To check the validity of Fahas online in KSA with Absher;
- Log in to your Absher account https://absher.sa
- Click on the “Services” button under “Vehicles”.
- Select ‘Vehicle Driving’.
- Select the vehicle and scroll down until you check the expiration date of the Fahas.
- The inspection date on this screen shows the validity date of the Fahas.
According to Article 26 of the traffic rules, the Fahas of brand new cars are required after three years of registration.
So if you try to check the Fahas validity of a new car online in KSA, the Absher account will show the empty space before the inspection date.
Why do we need a valid Fahas?
A valid Fahas or MVPI is required for the following purposes;
- Restore Istimara
- Transfer of car ownership
- To avoid SR 150 fine.