Every engineer and technician working in Saudi Arabia must register with the Saudi Council of Engineers for Iqama renewal. In this article, we outlined the registration process at the Saudi Engineering Council (SCE) for technicians with and without a diploma certificate.
How to register with Saudi Council of Engineers? – Life in Saudi Arabia
Who needs SCE Registration?
Before we go any further, we need to understand that the following two categories of expatriates require SCE registration;
• All types of engineers.
• List of 136 technician occupations (shown below).
SCE Registration Requirements
Here are the requirements for registration with the Saudi Engineering Council.
- Iqama scanned copy.
- Passport scanned copy.
- The letter of authority from the Board of Engineers.
- Introductory letter properly witnessed by the Chamber of Commerce.
- Degree or diploma duly witnessed by the Saudi Embassy.
- Academic transcript or mark sheet.
The Fee for SCE
- Registration fee: SR 500.
- Membership fees: SR 200 / year for technicians and SR 250 / year for engineers.
- Total fee: SR 700 for technicians and SR 750 for engineers.
SCE registration for Technician
First of all, open this link and enter details such as your email address, nationality, cell phone number, and membership classification, i.e. engineer or technician.
Log in to your email account and activate your SCE account. After activation, log in to your SCE account.
In the next step, you need to enter the following details into your Saudi engineering board account;
• Iqama number.
• Passport number.
• Expiration date of Iqama.
• Iqama profession.
Now the system will fetch your name and the name of your employer from the Jawazat, while you have to do it;
• Upload your photo.
• Enter the country of birth.
• Enter the date of birth.
• Select the country, region, and place of residence.
In the next step, select the duration of membership at the SCE. The membership fee for the Saudi Engineering Council for Technicians is SR 200 / year, while for engineers it is SR 250 / year.
SCE Registration for Diploma Holders
In the next step, the system will ask if you have a diploma or degree certificate. As we are submitting the registration application to the Saudi Engineering Council for diploma holders, we have chosen ‘Yes’ here. Enter other details such as;
• Land for graduation.
• Graduation Year.
• The name of the college or university.
Now upload all the required documents in the SCE portal for registration as an engineer or technician.
Letter of Introduction
To register with the Saudi Engineering Council, you need the following letter of authorization from your employer. Make sure the letter is stamped by the business chamber.
Technicians without a Diploma
The expatriates whose name is on the list of 136 technician professions below. But who does not have a degree or diploma can also complete the temporary registration process with the Saudi Engineering Council? Select ‘No’ if the SCE system asks if you have a diploma or certificate.
Warning: registration of SCE technicians without a diploma is for a period of 12 months. After this, he will either have to change the Iqama profession or obtain a diploma relevant to the profession.
After this period expires, you will not be able to change Iqama or renew Iqama.
Payment of SCE Registration Fee
You must now pay SR 500 as a registration fee. An SMS will be sent to you containing the SADAD account number. The SCE will not request you to audit registration until SR 500 fee has been paid.
You can see on the screenshot below that the Yaqeen status has already been verified.
Yaqeen verified on the Saudi Council of Engineering Account means that you have successfully uploaded your Iqama into the SCE system and that your basic details such as your Iqama number, Iqama expiration date, name, employer name, and the Iqama occupation have already been uploaded by the Ministry has been verified. of Labor Records.
Once you have paid SR 500 fee for the registration of Saudi Engineers Council for technicians, the SCE will start verifying your documents. They may ask you to send additional documents or a clear copy of the same file.
Once the SCE has completed the verification process, you will receive an SMS from the Saudi Council of Engineers to pay the membership fee.
Once paid, the status of your account will change to Yaqeen verified and Jawazat updated.
Why does SCE reject registration
If you receive an email informing you that your Saudi Arabian registration has been rejected, do not panic, as this could be due to one of the following reasons;
- Incomplete or unclear documents.
- The degree is not witnessed by the Saudi culture and the Saudi embassy.
- False documentation. Source: Saudi Gazette
- An engineer with less than 5 years of experience. Source: Saudi Gazette
- Iqama occupation is reserved for Saudis, e.g. fire and safety engineers.
If your registration is rejected by the Saudi Arabian Council of Engineers, call the SCE Helpline at 920020820 and the telephone officer will guide you.
You can renew your Iqama when your SCE membership is valid, even if it is valid for the next two days. Alternatively, you can start the process for renewing the Saudi Council of Engineers.
Print SCE Certificate
After successfully registering as an engineer or technician, you can visit any of the offices of the Saudi Engineering Council to collect your SCE certificate and membership card.
Deactivate / Delete SCE Account
If you do not have access to the email address used to create the SCE account, you should ask the Saudi Council of Engineers to deactivate or remove the account.
• Ask your employer to write a letter asking SCE to remove or deactivate the account.
• Receive the letter testified by the Chamber of Commerce.
• Take the appointment with the SCE and submit the letter.
• SCE will deactivate the account.
• After 10.15 days, you can register with the Saudi Council of Engineers again with the new email.